Non-degree Programs | Incoming Exchange Students
The answer is regretfully no. Without an exchange agreement, the International Student Office at Fudan will not be able to admit you and waive tuition at the same time. We suggest you apply as a self-paying student instead.
After we receive your coordinator's email, we will inform you of the steps to be taken in order to be admitted as an exchange student. Please make sure that you complete the online application before the deadline when the system closes. Meanwhile please check our webiste for courses you can take.
If you have completed the online application, you are not able to change that piece of information. You can email us about this and we will do it for you.
The fee is 0 and so you can proceed to pay. But if you can't proceed to pay, please email us your application number and we will skip this step and review your application.
Admission and visa documents are issued in June and December by the ISO, and then mailed to your coordinator.
When you finish the online application, the staus is 'Review by Faculty'. When it changes to 'Review by ISO', that means our school has finished the review, accepted your application and forwarded it to the ISO for issuance of your admission documents, which are usually done at the end of May or November. Then you can get the admission and visa documents in the first half of June or December.
You can stay at the Foreign Students Dormitory on campus or live off campus. For dormitory information, please visit On that page you may also find off-campus accommodation recommended by the ISO.
A: The link is for undergraduate coruses. Please note that we allow undergraduate students to take master-level courses offered by our school:

Fudan University’s calendar is issued in May every year and dates vary. When we have the calendar we will post the important dates in the calendar section of the FAQ. To get a general idea about the dates, usually the fall semester starts in early September and lasts 19 weeks to end in mid Jan. including 17 weeks of lecturing and 2 weeks of exams. Usually the ema courses in the fall semester are finished before Christmas, but most of the undergraduate courses  are not. If you want to go home for Christmas please pay attention to the planned exam time of each course you want to take.  Similarly the spring semester usually starts in late Feb. and lasts 19 weeks to end in early July inlcuding 17 weeks of lecturing and 2 weeks of exams. However, the ema courses in the spring semester are finished before the end of May, but most of the undergraduate courses are not. When registering for courses please make sure the exam date of each course is before your planned departure date.

By entering the code you can immediately find the program you are supposed to enroll in. Please find the code in our information sheet.

If you want to stay at the Foreign Students Dormitory on campus, you will need to book a room online at The date when the booking starts will be posted on the website of the ISO, usually during the summer vacation/winter vacation. Before booking please read carefully the Introduction to the Foreign Students Dormitory and the Accommodation Regulations on the ISO website.

Further directions:
  • To book a dorm room a general advanced student will need to input his/her Student Number, and a senior advanced student will need to input his/her application number which starts with a letter c and can be found in the admission notice.

  • When you book a room, you should choose a check-in date. Your room will be kept for you for three days from this check-in date. If you fail to check in on time, your reservation will be cancelled. After you book online, you will receive an email telling you whether the reservation is successful and how to proceed with payment.

  • Students living in the dorm are not allowed to check out or change for another room within the semester.
  • After your reservation, if you choose not to live in our dorm, there will be a fine of RMB 800. Please think carefully before you book a room.

  • If you need assistance with your booking, please contact:
    Tel: 86-21-65643407 / 86-21-65643413
    Fax: 86-21-55076831

  • The Reception Desk of the Fudan Foreign Students Dormitory is open 24 hours a day. You can check in any time after you arrive. Tel: 86-21-65643407.
As the number of dorm rooms is limited and they may run out very quickly, you are advised to directly call the phone number indicated on the ISO website to solve your problem. We won't be able to do it as the dorm buildings and the booking system are not run by us.
Please note that dorm rooms are very hard to get, as the degree students and university-level exchange students will be the first batch to book the rooms and you as department-level exchange students will book in the second batch. It is a good idea to reserve early with one of the accommodation providers recommended by the ISO instead of waiting to reserve a dorm room just weeks before your arrival. Or you can consider renting an apartment after you arrive.
After the admission documents are issued by the ISO, Fudan University's Undergraduate Education Office will issue the student numbers of all incoming undergraduate exchange students. About three weeks before the registration date an undergraduate exchange student can get his/her student number here: 
According to the ISO, it is highly recommended that you hold an X1 or X2 visa to enter China, within one week before the registration date.
According to the ISO, if your exchange stay at Fudan is longer than 3 months, you will apply for residence permit after you arrive in Shanghai and then you will have a multiple entry visa. But please be aware that all visa issues are subject to the regulations of the Shanghai Exit-and-Entry Administration Bureau.
Yes, we can mail the documents to the address you want, and you can apply with these documents in any place that has a Chinese embassy or consulate for visa .
Please visit this page of Fudan FAO's website:
The visa you applied for is single-entry. And as you have not registered yet you cannot apply for the residence permit. When such things happen, please contact the ISO right away so that they can help you get a new visa.
The Drom’s address is 57 Wudong Road, Yangpu District, Shanghai.
From Shanghai Pudong International Airport to the Dorm:
  • Taxi will cost around RMB 180 before 22:00 and RMB 230 after 22:00. The ride is about 50 minutes.
  • Option 2: From 6:30-23:00 you can take Airport Express Line 4, get off at Wujiaochang Station (RMB 20), and then take a taxi to the destination (around RMB 14). It will take about one hour.
  • Option 3: You can first take the Maglev Train at the airport, get off at Longyang Road (around RMB 40 with your plane ticket, 6:45-21:40) and then take a taxi (around RMB 60-80).
  • Option 4: Take Metro Line 2 at Pudong Airport, change to Metro Line 10 at East Nanjing Rd. Station, and get off at Jiangwan Stadium Station. The fare is RMB 7. Then take a taxi to get to the Dorm (around RMB 14). Please note that for Line 2 the metro trains operate during 6:30-21:00 and Line 10 trains heading from East Nanjing Rd. towards Jiangwan Stadium operate between 6:45-22:00.

From Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport to the Dorm:
  • A taxi ride will cost around RMB 100 before 22:00 and RMB 130 after 22:00 and take about 40 minutes. Or you can take Metro Line 10 at the airport, get off at Jiangwan Stadium Station (RMB 6), and then take a taxi (around RMB 14). The first train arrives at the airport at about 6 am and the last one at about 10 pm.
For information about transportation in Shanghai, please visit this page of Fudan University FAO's website:
6 credits per semester is our minimum requirement, but there is no upper limit. We expect to see most of the courses an exchange student takes are offered by our school.
No. You will enroll in courses online after you register at our school. The course enrollment system will close by the end of the second week of the new semester. Upon registration an undergraduate student will be given the list of our school's master-level courses he/she can take. Please make sure that both the master-level courses and the undergraduate courses you have enrolled in online are included in the course registration form. The registration form should be submitted by 5 pm Friday of the second week. An undergraduate exchange student will receive two transcripts after completing the courses: one generated by the Fudan undergraduate course enrollment system, and the other prepared by our school listing your grades of the courses not covered by the system, such as our master-level courses.
Master students will get only one transcript.
Exchange students can take the first two weeks to sit on courses to make up their mind.
Yes. Our school offers Chinese language courses, and so does the Department of Chinese Language and Culture.

Undergraduate exchange students enroll in Fudan's undergraduate courses online with their student number at There you can find courses offered by our school and other departments of Fudan. 


Master-level exchange students enroll in courses online with their student number at 

On Friday of the second week, whether you are an undergraduate or a master exchange student, please submit your course enrollment form in word format to, which should include every course you take at Fudan.

No. The course selection forms you submit by the end of the second week are final. If you fail to take part in the assessment of a registered course, you will get an F.
The score of an undergraduate course is available five working days after the exam date. For the other courses an undergraduate student takes, such as the master-level courses, the transcript will be provided around the end of the second week of the following semester. Master students will get their transcripts around the end of the second week of the following semester. If you just want to know the results, you can visit, and log in with your student number. But it is in Chinese.
At Fudan, students get A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, C-, D, and F. F is failure. 
After the admission documents are issued by the ISO, Fudan University will issue the student numbers of all incoming non-degree students. About three weeks before the registration date an exchange student can get his/her student number here:  
You may find this link useful:, which provides a list of Fudan's English undergraduate courses and the syllabi. If a syllabus is outdated, please ask the professor for it during the first lecture. If the professor uses Fudan's elearning system (, you are automatically included after you enroll and then you can access the teaching materials. 
If you need the syllabus of one of our school's English master courses that you can't find on our website please email us. 

Elearning is used at Fudan to facilitate teaching and administration of programs. Please visit to log in. Notices for exchange students will be sent via elearning, and your professors will distribute teaching materials through it. If you are not in elearning for a particular course, please ask the TA for help. For the activities organized for exchange students, you will need to sign up in elearning.
If all of your courses and examinations are ended, we can issue a Certificate of the End of the Courses. You can apply for refund from the Foreign Students Dormitory with that.
The transcript will be issued no later than the third week of the following semester. We will send it to your home institution by email.
You can go to Room 107, Building 10, Handan Campus to cancel the card and get the remaining amount back.


H6509 stands for room 6509, located on the 5th floor of the 6th Lecturing Building on Handan Campus.

H(D): Handan Campus; 

F: Fenglin Campus, which is far from the main campus on Handan Road 

Z: Zhangjiang Campus, in Pudong 

J: Jiangwan Campus, near the main campus

G(H)D = east sub-tower of Guanghua Building;

G(H)X = west sub-tower of Guanghua Building;

HQ = Journalism School Classroom Building; 

Of course. To log in, please choose fduwireless and input your student number as the username. The password is the last 6 digits of your passport number.
Please follow the notice on the ISO website and take pictures in Room 107, Building 10. After paying RMB 20 you can get the e-campus card instantly. 

We suggest you bring some cash and load the money to the card at the cafeteria near the Dorm or the one at the eastern side entrance of the university. In addition to being your student identity card, it can also be used at the cafeterias, the campus supermarket, the university libraries and the school’s reference room.
Yes. You can read in the reference rooms and borrow books.
Yes. The university buses connecting the Handan campus with the other three stop at the main entrance. Some lines are free and some charge around RMB 3 per trip. Please show your E-campus Card or your Student ID when getting on the school bus. You can find the timetables at the stops or online.
For information about sports facilities at Fudan and in other parts of Shanghai, please visit this webpage of Fudan University's FAO:
For banking information, please visit this page of Fudan University FAO's website:
For information about hospitals exchange students may consider, please visit this page of Fudan FAO's website:

Fudan School of Economics

Calendar 2016-17 (The spring semester of 2017 will be Feb. 27-July 1, 2017.)



Fall Semester of 2015
Aug. 31
8:00-11:30 & 13:30-17:00     Registration for Degree Students & Non-degree Students

Sept. 1
9:00-11:00    Introduction to Study and Life at Fudan (Rm. 801 for non-degree students)
14:00-16:00   Campus Tour

Sept. 2
9:00-16:00 City tour

Sept. 3-5

Sept. 6
9:00-11:00     Introduction to Library Resources  & Library Tour (Daikin Hall)
Sept. 7
Classes start.
Sept. 14
Undergraduate students start to enroll in undergrduate courses online.
Sept. 18
Course registration forms due.
Sept. 27
Chinese Mid-autumn Day

Oct. 1-7 National Day Holiday and Classes are not in session.
Dec. 14-18 Final exams for our school's EMA courses
Dec. 28-Jan. 8 Final exams for courses in other programs

Jan. 9, 2016 Winter vacation starts.

Spring Semester of 2016

Ecampus card 9:15-11:30, 13:00-16:00, 22, 23, 25, 26 February, 2016 at Room 107, Building 10, Handan Campus (Student Number is needed).

Registration Feb. 26, 2016

Campus tour 2:30 pm, Feb. 26, 2016

Orientation Rm. 514, SOE, 4:00 pm, Feb. 26, 2016
Classes start on                      Feb. 29, 2016

Undergraduate students start to enroll in courses online.  March7, 2016

Course registration forms are due. 5 pm, March 11, 2016

Field trip                              April, 2016

Final exams of our EMA program finish on May 27, 2016
Summer vacation starts on            July 2, 2016